Global Retailing Limited (“We“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We run the UK facing elements of the website at www.sugarfina.uk (the “Sugarfina UK Website”). If you are accessing www.sugarfina.uk from outside of the UK please consult the Sugarfina distributor appropriate to your region. If you are in the United States, the American Sugarfina website is located at www.sugarfina.com.
By visiting the Sugarfina UK Website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
This policy was last updated on March 27, 2017.
We are the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”).
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Sugarfina UK Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Sugarfina UK Website, interact with us via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, search for a product or place an order on the Sugarfina UK Website, and when you report a problem with the Sugarfina UK Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, and/or financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Sugarfina UK Website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device or computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Sugarfina UK Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate. We may also receive information from third parties (including, for example, our social media pages, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and products that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our products, if you have opted to receive such information; and
- to ensure that content from the Sugarfina UK Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer the Sugarfina UK Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Sugarfina UK Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Sugarfina UK Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Sugarfina UK Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Sugarfina UK Website.
- We will not disclose your information to third parties for advertising purposes unless you give your express consent for us to do so.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Global Retailing Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Global Retailing Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Sugarfina UK Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Sugarfina UK Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. We will provide an option to unsubscribe from any such communications in the body of each such communication.
- The Sugarfina UK Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, including our social media pages. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.